Tuesday 7 April 2015

TTT #3 - Characters I Want To Check In With.

Tuesday 7 April 2015

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted over at The Broke and The Bookish as usual. This weeks TTT is 'Characters I Want To Check In With' and I'm excited to get into this so LET'S GO.


 Isabel and Conrad from the Summer trilogy: Jenny Han is hands down one of my favourite contemporary writers and I think I have probably re-read this trilogy three or four times since it's been complete. I completely fell in love with Conrad from the first page he was introduced and Isabel always had a special place in my heart so it's no surprise that I want to know what they're doing and how they're getting on with their lives. I miss them. If I didn't have a ton of books that I want to read this year then I'd make it the fifth re-read.


Alex from the Delirium trilogy: I loved Lena, I really did, but I just connected with Alex from the first page and despite being slightly dissapointed with the ending of Requiem this is still one of my favourite trilogies. I just want to see how Alex is doing and make sure that he's safe and sound. I just need him back in my life. Alex, come back to me.


Cath and Levi from Fangirl: It's no surprise that I managed to weave Fangirl in here somehow and Cath and Levi aren't the only characters from this book I want to catch up with and see what they're doing but I ship Cath and Levi with my whole heart so I just want to make sure that they're still together and still happy. I hope that they continue to have emergency dance parties and I hope that Levi is still as beautiful as ever and I hope that Cath hasn't given up with her writing yet. I want to make sure that Cath is still rooting for Levi and I want them to re-enact that scene when they say their wedding vows and everyday inbetween. I just, God, I just want them to be happy.


Hazel and Isaac from The Fault In Our Stars: I try to avoid talking about this book, mostly because if I start then I'm afraid I'll never stop and also because people must be so tired of hearing about it but I absolutely cannot make a list about characters I want to check in with and not include Hazel and Isaac. I want to know how Hazel is doing years after Gus because Lord Knows that I'm still not okay, Okay? and Isaac, have they invented Robot Eyes yet? Have you found your always? I like to imagine that Hazel has moved on and is happily in love with someone else, ideally cancer free but we know that's a shot in the dark. I like to imagine that although she has moved on from Gus, he will always carry a special place in her heart and her life, and that she and Isaac go to his house to visit his parents and play video games in the basement. 


Jace from The Mortal Instruments: While Simon or Clary would probably be the obvious answer, I'm more worried about bigger things. Has Jace managed to get himself killed yet? Are him and Clary still okay or are there more familial relations that come out of the dust ready to a) tear them apart or b) kill them. Is his hair still fabulous? These are the questions that haunt me. Every night.


Josh from Anna and the French Kiss trilogy: Josh was one of my favourite characters in these books and I just want to see how he's doing. I don't have much to say about Josh or many questions to ask him I'd just like to know if he's doing well.

4 comments :

  1. I almost included Hazel in my list but it's just so painful, after years of reading this book the wound is still open. Cath and Levi are other couple I'd like to check in with too. I'm so curious about The Mortal Instruments saga, I havent read it but I think I want to. Would you rec' it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I'd definitely rec TMI. It's actually one of my favourite series hahaha and if you love romance with humour and a lot of fighting then this is a series you'd like, the first two books I wasn't too keen on but the third one was amazing!

      Delete
  2. I would love to check in with Lola and Cricket!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good choice! Cricket has a special place in my heart.

      Delete