Wednesday 17 June 2015

Natalie's Adventures - I Hate 5SOS aka ROWYSO Tour

Wednesday 17 June 2015
Sometimes, I hate 5SOS. Sometimes, I love them. Sometimes it's both at the same time.
5 Seconds of  Summer, one of my favourite bands ever, came to London to perform three consecutive shows at SSE Wembley Arena. I went to two of these shows. I was meant to go to one. I am eternally thankful that I didn't go to all three. Here are some things that happened.

I may have gotten ready a little too early. 'A little too early' may constitute as 5 hours too early. I may have ended up watching The Vampire Diaries in my concert get-up while waiting for the appropriate time to leave so that I could meet my friend on time. I, once again, was early for this meeting too. I'd say that it's just a show of my character but as we will see later on, this is not always the case.


Please remember that if you're going to a gig, especially for one of your favourite artists, you are likely to be jumping around a lot - doughnuts are NOT a good idea. It may seem like it at the time, and you will want to buy a packet of four doughnuts from Sainsbury's and your friend will want to buy a packet of four cookies, but when it comes down to it, neither of you will be able to eat two doughnuts and two cookies in the hour that it takes for doors to open. Also, you will feel sick. You will want to cry. You may, actually, throw up all over Michael Clifford (sidenote: this didn't happen).


Natalie, you're 18. Natalie, Michael Clifford is in 5SOS. Natalie, you're not nearly drunk enough and Natalie, single mixers cost £5.50 in Wembley Arena. Natalie, bring a flask next time.




I realised that I really love Hey Violet (5SOS' supporting act) and the pre-show playlist was REALLY good. I may have been dancing and singing really loudly. I may have been the only one standing up during Hey Violet. I may have screamed a little when The 1975 started playing. Everyone in my vicinity may have hated me. I'm here to party, so that's what I'm gonna do. SUCK IT PEOPLE.

There I was, with my friend Holly, eating my doughnut when I spotted some of my friends that I
made Via 5SOS. I was shocked. I don't know why. It seems obvious that they'd be there. Anyway, I then spent 5 minutes in a conversation with them while holding my half eaten doughnut. How nice.



5SOS came on. I partied. I teared up a little bit during Long Way Home. I partied some more. They played Good Girls and I partied even more. There was a lot of partying going on.



It's now the 13th of June 2015, I have just purchased two tickets for me and a friend to see 5SOS at Wembley on the 14th of June 2015. I am laying in bed, watching friends. I'm having a good time, I'm laughing, I'm relaxed. Then I get the text. 'NATALIE MICHAEL JUST GOT HIT BY THE FIRE', 'THEY'RE NOT DOING THE ENCORE', 'ASHTON JUST CAME ON STAGE HE SAID HE'S FINE HE'S HURT BUT HE'S OK'. I sobbed. I nearly threw up. I panicked. I ran straight into my mum to get my phone charger. I cried some more. I panicked some more. I sobbed even more. I didn't know what to do, what to say, what to think, how to feel. All I knew was that Michael could be seriously hurt and we did not know what the hell was going on. Thankfully he's okay and he wasn't seriously hurt. Thankfully he made a joke out of it. Thankfully I could rest easy.

I really hate tubes that take over an hour to get me where I want to go. I really hate the Jubilee line. I really hate tubes that make me late to Hey Violet's acoustic. I really hate tubes.




I may have been late to their acoustic but I still managed to get in with my friends in time to get a picture with them. It was glorious. There I was, looking confused as to where to get in the picture when my fave, Rena, comes to the rescue. 'We can both go at the bottom' she says and I swear all I can hear is the sound of angels (totally kidding) ((or am i)). Anyway, they were all super sweet and I'm literally obsessed with the picture we got.



One of my favourite parts of the day was getting to see my pals. Old pals, New pals, Pals I hadn't seen since camping out for 5SOS in December. I also had the privilege of seeing Aimee realise that she a) had her shorts on backwards and b) had a picture taken with Hey Violet with her shorts on backwards.


This is the moment I realised that we were sat right at the side of the stage. This is the moment that I realised I could see 5SOS' guitars just chilling backstage. This is the moment that Miranda from Hey Violet looked at me and my friend and acknowledged us for knowing the words. This is the moment Rena came over to the platform and I died. This is the moment we could see 5SOS throwing toilet roll at Hey Violet during their set from backstage. This is the moment I realised that most of 5SOS' preshow playlist for Sunday was fire songs. This is the moment the timer hit 0 and I peed myself a little. This is the moment Michael ran on stage and I realised he was okay and I peed myself a little. This is the moment Michael stood 2 feet away from me and I peed myself a little. This is the moment Calum smiled and I was actually really shocked. This is the moment they played Wrapped Around Your Finger and I had a breakdown. A lot of breakdowns actually. This is the moment Michael said 'literally' when he sang the lyric 'Catching fire like kerosene'. This is moment I woke up on Monday morning feeling like nothing will ever be the same and I've literally been an emo shit ever since.

6 comments :

  1. I CANT BELIEVE THISSSSSSS. I'm so happy you got to see them! Like I can't imagine goin through all of this experience but in my case, for One Direction. I WOULD DIE. WHY ARE YOU ALIVE?! askjdbaskjbdkjasbda I was so scared for Michael omg. Thank god he's fine now. You like Hey Violet now! That's so cool that you got to meet them omg. I still can't believe you were so close to the stage like WOWWWWWW.

    I really hope I can see 5SOS one day, loved this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank youuuuuuuuuuuu! I like immediately broke down into sobs when I heard what happened.

      I hope they come to you soon!

      Delete
  2. Well this sounds awesome. *fist bump* And hello, fellow Incoherent When I'm Excited! Although TBH, this is an awesome thing to be excited over. That is just too cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE THIS POST SO MUCH OMG <3

    ReplyDelete