Sunday 24 January 2016

Did I Mention I Love You? By Estelle Maskame

Sunday 24 January 2016
Did I Mention I Love You? By Estelle Maskame
When sixteen year-old Eden Munro agrees to spend the summer with her estranged father in the beachfront city of Santa Monica, California she has no idea what she's letting herself in for. Eden's parents are divorced and have gone their separate ways, and now her father has a brand new family. For Eden, this means she's about to meet three new step-brothers. The eldest of the three is Tyler Bruce, a troubled teenager with a short temper and a huge ego. Complete polar opposites, Eden quickly finds herself thrust into a world full of new experiences as Tyler's group of friends take her under their wing. But the one thing she just can't understand is Tyler, and the more she presses to find out the truth about him, the more she finds herself falling for the one person she shouldn't - her step-brother. Throw in Tyler's clingy girlfriend and a guy who has his eyes set on Eden, and there's secrets, lies and a whole lot of drama. But how can Eden keep her feelings under control? And can she ever work out the truth about Tyler?
I saw a post over on The Mile Long Bookshelf explaining ten reasons why you should read DIMILY and her post is absolutely perfect but, of course, I have more to add so here are my five reasons.

I read DIMILY in a single day:
For those of you who don't know, I've been in a slump since December and I haven't been able to read a book in less than a week in god knows how long but I flew through DIMILY like it was no ones business. I didn't even watch Netflix!

It reminds me of why I started reading:
The book, the plot, the characters. It's all so much fun and that reminded me of why I started reading in the first place, because it wasn't something that I had to think about. It was fun, I could escape from rainy London, there's an impossibly hot dude compared to all of the gross teenage boys that I know. I haven't read a book this angsty, dramatic and just plain ol' fun in a loooooooooong time and I LOVED it.

Estelle Maskame is a wonderful writer:
I read the book while it was still online and it's honestly crazy to see how far it's come, and Estelle is such a lovely girl too. Also, she's eighteen which is just incredible. I'm eighteen and I spend most of my days with a bag of doritos in my lap and netflix. The writing in DIMILY is SO. GOOD. and I laugh in the face of anyone who says you need life experience to write a great book.

It's not your cookie-cutter romance:
They're step-siblings. The entire book you're questioning whether you should really be shipping them but then you're also just fighting off all the FEELS because you do just. ship. it. so. hard. I'm not usually a fan of the star-crossed/forbidden lovers trope because I find it tired and boring but Estelle does it so damn well it's hard not to fall in.

Tyler Bruce:
Do I really need to say anything else?

No comments :

Post a Comment